Tribe of Trekkers - 4 (Adventure Trail)
Barot-Rajgundha-Billing Trek with Waterfall Rappelling, Zip Line, Angling, Sumptuous Food and Paragliding at World’s second highest site.
What is it all about
- Blessed with the bounties of Mother Nature, Barot Valley (1830 m) is a like a hidden treasure in Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh that is also emerging as an excellent destination for adventure activities. Enveloped by high mountains of the Dhauladhar range and thick pine forest, Barot valley is made more beautiful by the cascading Uhl river and three artificial lakes. It’s also an important passage for some magnificent treks in the region.
- Enjoy an adrenaline rush with adventure activities like river crossing, zipline, waterfall rappling, rock climbing, angling along with bonfire, games and music at our luxury camp and get pampered with mouth watering food amidst breathtaking views.
- Explore stunning natural beauty including lush green meadows, valleys, waterfalls, snow capped mountains all along your drive/trek through the untouched terrains of Badagran and Rajgundha. Also reward yourself by doing paragliding at world’s finest paragliding site- Bir Billing (1525 m).
|Trekking Trail||Barot – Rajgundha - Billing|
|Duration||3 Nights / 4 Days|
|Region||Kangra (Himachal Pradesh)|
|Total kms||17 km|
|Trekking Hrs||6/8 hrs walk per day|
|Minimum Age||10 Years|
|Average temperature||In the day time- 13 to 18 degrees & night temperature is 0-7 degrees. Summers are pleasant while winters can be cold.|
Accommodation in Swiss Cottages on Day 1 & Day 2 with adventure activities and an exciting trek to Rajgundha & Billing on Day 3 & 4.
Day 1: Arrival at "The Blue's @ Barot", Lohardi Day 2: The Blues @ Barot, Lohardi– Activity Day at camp Day 3: Barot to Badagran by Car (16 km) & Trek to Rajgundha (6km) Day 4: Trek to Rajgundha – Billing (10 km) & transfer to Bir (12 km)
Day By Day Tour Details:
Your first destination- ‘The Blue’s at Barot’- is located just 3 km from Barot Market. It will provide you a one of its kind Luxury Swiss cottage experience along the beautiful terraced fields of Lohardi in the stunningly beautiful Barot valley. The landscape is surrounded by mountains and made mesmerising due to the presence of river Uhl. Barot usually has an awesome weather throughout the year and is known for angling and trout fishing farms. Enjoy a spacious and comfortable stay amidst nature, do rock climbing, zip lining, rappelling over the BAROT waterfall or river crossing even as you enjoy good music, food and conversations.
We start our car journey to Badagran through a scenic route offering beautiful views as we gain altitude. As we reach the village of Badagran, we come across a beautiful waterfall and a gushing stream flowing below a concrete bridge, amidst rows of wooden houses. These traditional houses have living quarters upstairs while the lower level is meant for cattle and storage. The residents are warm and welcoming. After halting at this pit stop, we start our trek for Rajgundha while exploring the untouched places in the lap of Dhauladhar range. Chirping of wirds, tranquil air and virgin views of snow capped mountains welcome you at the quaint village of Ragundha. We will stop for the night at Rajgundha at a camp or guest house before enjoying a pleasant evening of bonfire, music and delicious food.
From Rajgundha, we start a leisurely scented walk to Billing through thick green forest of Oak, Pine and Rhododendrons trees. Layers after layers of mountains of Billing, Bir and entire Kangra Valley greet us from a distance as we proceed on our mesmerising path. Upon reaching Billing, first enjoy Maggi or bread omelette and then if you wish, try paragliding at World's second highest paragliding site at 2400 meters. You jump down nearly 1000 meters to the landing site at Bir (1525 m).
Included In The Trekking Trail:
- ACCOMMODATION ON DOUBLE/TRIPLE/MULTIPLE SHARE ON DAY 1 & DAY 2 AT THE BLUE’S@BAROT, LOHARDI
- ACCOMMODATION IN CAMPING TENTS(2/3 MEN- ALL WEATHER TENTS) ON TREKKING DAYS
- MEALS AS MENTIONED
- ACCOMMODATION IN CAMPING TENTS(2/3 MEN- ALL WEATHER TENTS) ON TREKKING DAYS
- SLEEPING BAGS, TENTS, TOILET TENTS, GUIDE ON TREKKING DAYS
- FOREST FEE
- ADVENTURE ACTIVITY AS PER THE PLAN (ZIP LINE, RIVER CROSSING,WATERFALL RAPPELLING)
- EVENING BONFIRE – DEPENDING ON THE CLIMATE CONDITIONS
- IN-HOUSE MUSIC SYSTEM AT "THE BLUE'S @ BAROT, LOHARDI"
- CAB SERVICES FROM LOHARDI TO BADAGRAN AND BILLING TO BIR
Excluded In The Trekking Trail:
- ALL EXPENSES PERSONAL IN NATURE
- ANY MEALS WHICH IS NOT PART OF THE INCLUSIONS
- PORTER CHARGES@ INR 450/- PER BAG PER DAY
- GST @5%
Tour Cost Per Person:
INR 7,999/- + 5%. The cost is based on minimum group size.
Fix Departure Dates:
- Trail No 01: JUNE 5 – 8
- Trail No 02: JUNE 12 – 15
- Trail No 03: JUNE 19 - 22
- Trail No 04: JUNE 26 – 29
- Trail No 05: AUGUST 2 – 5
- Trail No 06: AUGUST 9 – 12
- Trail No 07: AUGUST 16 – 19
- Trail No 08: AUGUST 23 – 26
- Trail No 09: AUGUST 31 – SEPTEMBER 3 (Long Weekend)
- Trail No 10: SEPTEMBER 6 – 9
- Trail No 11: SEPTEMBER 13 – 16 (Long Weekend)
- Trail No 12: SEPTEMBER 20 – 23
- Trail No 13: OCTOBER 4 – 7
- Trail No 14: OCTOBER 11 – 14
- Trail No 15: OCTOBER 18 – 21 (Long Weekend)
- Trail No 16: OCTOBER 25 – 28
- Trail No 17: NOVEMBER 1 – 4
- Trail No 18: NOVEMBER 7 – 10 (Extended Weekend)
- Trail No 19: NOVEMBER 8 -11 (Long Weekend)
- Trail No 20: NOVEMBER 15 – 18
- Trail No 21: NOVEMBER 22 – 25 (Long Weekend)
- Trail No 22: DECEMBER 6 – 19
- Trail No 23: DECEMBER 13 – 16
- Trail No 24: DECEMBER 20 – 23
- Trail No 25: DECEMBER 22 – 25 (Extended Weekend)
- Trail No 26: DECEMBER 27 – 30 (New year Trek)
Day one will be spent at The Blue’s @ Barot in a luxurious hideout near Uhl river, where you will share room with fellow trekkers. The stay on all other days will be in all weather trekking tents (3/4 persons). Apart from this, we will also put up toilet tents alongside each camp. Pack light and carry light as there is no provision for coming back to Barot and picking up luggage. Also, do not leave behind any valuables.
Yes, trekkers will be provided high altitude sleeping bags that can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
Day time temperatures will range from 13 to 18ºC and night time temperature will range from 0 to 7ºC till September. At campsites on higher altitudes, it can be quite cold. Expect a chilly weather from November onwards.
There will be snow from November onwards till March end. The amount of snow reduces in June. September has very little snow and October is likely to have snow in the higher reaches if fresh winter snowfall begins.
PS: In winters, the whole trail is covered with snow and you can get the feeling of a beautiful winter wonderland
We will continue on the trail as planned if it starts raining while you’re trekking. Your poncho should be able to protect you from the rain. Protect your belongings by carrying a backpack cover. We normally huddle together in a covered area and play games if it starts raining at the campsite. All the tents (dining, kitchen and toilet) will be water proof so you will stay dry inside.
Backroad Escapes (BRE) will arrange for the pick–up vehicles/shared cabs from Bir. This transport cost is to be borne by the trekkers and will amount to approximately Rs 500 per person (8/9 pax allowed in one cab). You will have to pay the driver directly. The drive to Lohardi, Barot will take around 3 hrs.
The trek will end at Bir from where a transport till Delhi can be arranged for you.
This is an evergreen trek available 12 months a year. Even during the months when there is no snow, the valley is lush green. And after the rains, skies clears up offering great views of the Dhauladhar range.
Sadly no. There are several websites that rent out hiking equipment. BRE does not rent out any such stuff.
This is an easy trek and certainly recommended to people with no prior high altitude trekking experience. In fact, it’s most suitable for introducing your child to the world of adventure/treks.
Sure! You can offload your backpack at Rs 450/- per bag per day, if you inform us in advance. The offloaded bag should not weigh more than 9 kgs. Strollers, duffel bags, suitcases etc. are not allowed.
The minimum age for this trek is 10 years. But, it is recommended only if your child is extremely fit.
A BRE team comprising a qualified Trek leader, trek guides, porters and cooks will be with you throughout the trek.
The Blue’s @ Barot will have concrete toilets but on other days, toilet tents will be set up along each campsite. There will be 2 to 4 of these toilet tents depending on the size of the group. There will be a deep pit inside the toilet tent to answer nature’s call. Soil and shovel will be used to cover it up. Since these will be dry toilets, you will have to use toilet paper. Don’t worry as this is the most hygienic and convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wilderness.
PS: We recommend using toilet paper and not wet wipes since the latter is not bio-degradable.
BRE uses a well planned menu suitable for high/low altitude treks. Breakfast could have a wide variety ranging from bread-butter/jam, semia, poha to sandwiches and cornflakes. Lunch mainly comprises of roti or puri with sabzi. Dinner is complete with Dal, Sabzi, Rice, Roti and Dessert. Dry snacks like biscuits will also be provided. You may bring dry fruits if necessary.
Our campsites are set up near water sources. Besides, the valley has ample number of streams all around. Two litres of water should be enough for a day’s trek.
You will definitely find mobile network at Lohardi, Barot and Bir Billing. For the major part, BSNL, JIO, VODAFONE work in most part of the trek except in higher regions. There will be electricity charging points at The Blue’s @ Barot in Lohardi.
You don’t need special snow shoes. Good trekking shoes will be sufficient for this trek. We recommend the Forclaz 500 or 600 from Decathlon. Of these, the Forclaz 600 is more water resistant. We provide micro spikes and gaiters whenever there is snow.
It is dangerous to consume alcohol in extreme cold, especially in high altitude regions. Contrary to popular belief, alcohol does not make your body warmer. Instead, it opens your pores making your body colder. Alcohol also dehydrates you quickly. Hence, consumption of alcohol is absolutely prohibited on all BRE treks.
Essentials To Be Carried:
- Warm clothes for the night, raincoat, pullovers, jacket
- A towel and an extra change of clothes.
- A water bottle ( they can be refilled at the campground)
- Light comfortable clothing for the day
- Personal Toiletries
- Flashlight / Torch
- Footwear - Comfortable slippers for your stay at the camp, shoes for nature walks & night trails. A good pair of trekking shoes and floaters
- Personal medication
- An empty bag to store your wet clothes
Camping Activity Stuff:
- That book you brought a while ago and never got the chance to read
- Board games, poker sets etc.
- Sketching/drawing material
- Outdoor games equipment ( badminton, frisbee, football etc)
- Binoculars for bird watching
- Your acoustic musical instrument ( Guitar, flute, bongo etc)
- Any outdoor gear you brought but never had the chance to actually use!
- TENT ETIQUETTE (You will be fined for the damage caused by disobeying these rules.)
- Strictly no footwear and NO eating, drinking, cooking or smoking in the Tent.
- Don't put any weight on the tent (clothes or anything else) - the tent poles can snap under even a little vertical weight.
- Pay extra attention to tent zippers - they are quite delicate and they keep the mosquitoes out
- Please take care of the tent and keep it clean since it is your “room” in the outdoors.
- Take in the outdoors, but keep wild creatures outside by making sure your tents are zipped up at all times.
- Silent hours are in effect post 11:00pm. Keep your voice down. Remember sound travels far in open spaces. Please observe silent hours.
- Please use the nearest trash cans for EVERYTHING.
- Please ensure that you leave your campsite neat & tidy for the next campers. Ask for garbage bags if you require them!
- Please point out to the nearest helper if you are unhappy with the toilet cleanliness.
- Please also follow toilet etiquette since you are not the only persons using the toilets.
- Please respect others privacy and do not trespass on other people’s sites.
- Playing music late in the NIGHT at the campground is usually not permissible. Please be mindful of the fellow camper’s experience.
- DO NOT SMOKE close to any dry grass. This is a fire hazard.
- Water is Scarce in the mountains, please use it intelligently
The interested person should be physically fit but more importantly, this voyage requires mental agility. Riding, trekking and driving in high altitude region leaves a toll on one’s body. Anywhere above 8000 ft, the atmospheric pressure falls drastically and as a result, our body requires more oxygen to reach the blood cells. So, one has to work harder to get more oxygen. But the good news is that one gets acclimatized as one gains the altitude. You should carry your personal medication such as Diamox for necessary precaution and faster acclimatization. Do loads of breathing exercises and train your heart and lungs to cope up with the changing altitude.
- A sum of Rs 2500/- to be paid as booking registration amount.
- Within two weeks of registration, one has to pay 50 per cent of the trip cost.
- The rest of the balance has to be paid before the trip commences.
- Accommodation will be provided in pre decided deluxe 3 star hotels and camps.
- It must be noted that cheques won’t be accepted.
- Those not able to visit our office to confirm the booking, can go ahead and deposit the amount in our bank account or transfer the money through net banking.
- Do make sure to send us a screenshot/scanned copy of the bank slip along with personal details once you are done making the payment.
There will be strictly no Refund on unutilized services of the package.
However in case you do need to cancel your booking owing to any unforeseen circumstances, please do the following:
- Inform us about the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive your written request.
- The payment made for this trip will not be adjusted towards any future trip(s).
- The charges of cancellation will be as follows:
More than 45 Days: Full refund (after we deduct any expense that has been incurred for hotel bookings, transport etc.)
Between 30 to 45 Days: 75% of trip cost will be refunded (after we deduct any expense that has been incurred for hotel bookings, transport etc.)
Between 15 to 30 Days: 50% of trip cost will be refunded (after we deduct any expense that has been incurred for hotel bookings, transport etc.)
Less than 15 Days: No refund will be made
Requests for written cancellation will be accepted only on working days. Any cancellation sent across on a Sunday or any National Holiday(s), will be taken up on the next official working day.